Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Some Thoughts - Make a Meme and Stuff


Make a Meme+ has taken off, with 800-1000 downloads a day. Im glad to see this app be this successful! Also so far (knock on wood) it's been getting great reviews! The only thing I don't get is with these numbers, it has only touched the top charts once. I guess the entertainment category is just extremely competitive or something. Oh well, its successful and thats all that counts!

This week I also had the pleasure of visiting the Gearbox Office in Plano. I'm not allowed to say anything about why I was there but it was cool. They're office is great and it's definitely a place I'd like to work someday.

Lastly, today for fun I decided to create a random weapon generator similar to what is currently in Borderlands. I love that in the game you will most likely never encounter the same weapon twice in the game. So for fun I coded a system that would create a weapon with random specs. It was mainly just generating random numbers for damage, accuracy and what not. Then it would pick from a list what type of gun it was and what to name it and the brand. Now for testing purposes, I didn't put a lot of work into the lists for the names and brands XD. My system is primitive and probably could use a lot of work. But for a quick fun project I think I did pretty good. For testing purposes, I just had the program print information about the weapons onto the screen of the iOS simulator. Here's a screenshot:



Thats about it for now. Another update has been submitted for Make a Meme+. This one is just some minor fixes. It includes a preview for the in-app purchases. So if you thought about getting them but never did, maybe this will help! If you have any memes you want to see in the app, just let me know!

2 comments:

  1. The app is great but it would have been awesome if you had included conspiracy keanu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I will probably add that one in a future update.

      Delete